An exciting opportunity to get creative in our cafe and illustrate our feature window…
As our regular visitors will already know, we have undergone an extensive refurbishment in recent months, relaunching with a brand new look and menu. As well as gaining a reputation for our great food, we’re building up a portfolio of creative events within the cafe. An exciting addition to this is our commission opportunity for artists to design and illustrate a feature window within the cafe.
Interested? Read on for further information about this opportunity…
The illustration should encompass the feel of The Factory Kitchen, whether focusing on the food, the atmosphere or our location in the cultural quarter of Newcastle.
Benefits to the successful artist
- We would like the window (pictured below) to be illustrated during cafe open hours, so as to be enjoyed as a live art project and for opportunities to perhaps build an event around the install.
- Alongside showcasing their work in the UK’s largest art craft and design gallery, the successful artist would also receive promotional support through our social media channels (both The Factory Kitchen and The Biscuit Factory) as well as further opportunities for profile raising.
- We are also looking at ways in which we can incorporate the designs into other features such as children’s colouring in sheets, branded goods/merchandise.
- There could be scope to also showcase a small collection of original works by the artist in the cafe for the duration of the illustration being on display.
- We would accompany the window with vinyl lettering indicating ‘Illustration title by xxxx’.
- The commission fee is £150 (to include cost of materials and The Biscuit Factory ownership of the sketch – see T&C’s)
- The window measures 130 x 157 cm.
- Artists may work in any appropriate media but the chosen media must easily be removable from the window without damage to the window or frame. A white/coloured glass marker may be simplest way to apply the design.
- Consideration should be made to the image being ‘readable’ from either side of the glass.
- The illustration is temporary, changing every 3 to 4 months.
Artists should send a sketch of the proposed illustration to email@example.com.
Include details of intended materials and assumed length of time required for actually carrying out the illustration and any other relevant considerations.
A brief artist CV should also be included.
- We take on ownership and copyright of the sketch and reserve the right to reproduce the sketch/illustration.
- Successful artist will be paid £150 on completion of the illustration.