We are recruiting for a new cafe manager.
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, friendly and professional foodie with experience of managing a busy cafe, a team of people, monitoring budgets and controlling finances. This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual to join the business as it is growing, who will relish the challenge to develop the cafe further.
The Factory Kitchen has recently undergone extensive refurbishment and is bursting on to Newcastle’s food scene. We currently have around 60 covers (which will increase to around 90-120 covers including our terrace, in phase 2 of our redevelopment).
We place an emphasis on quality, simple, fresh ingredients prepared by experienced and respected Chef, Mike Waugh.
Open 7 days a week, Mon-Fri 10-5pm, Sat 10-6pm and Sun 11-5pm.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Effective and clear leadership, managing a team of front of house and kitchen staff (around 10 in total)
- Leading on superb customer service and motivating your team
- Managing, monitoring and controlling within agreed parameters, ongoing business costs, creating weekly/monthly reports and reporting to General Manager
- Achieve agreed sales targets
- Maintain appropriate health and safety records and staff training requirements
- Ensure high standards of presentation throughout cafe
- Efficient stock ordering to maximise on GP’s
- Lead on driving regular menu updates with Chef
- Review the market and competitors to ensure relevance of menus and pricing
- Liaise with Department Heads on a regular basis
- Seek and develop opportunities to create additional revenue, (We have a Cafe Development Manager who works under the Manager to oversee, private bookings, external catering and food festival/market attendance)
- Creativity – thinking of ideas to attract new audiences and to underpin our reputation
The applicant should have a minimum of 1 years’ experience in an equivalent management post and be prepared to work weekends and occasional evenings on a rota system.
Minimum 40 hours per week.
Please apply by Monday 25 July 2016 to email@example.com with a CV and 50 words explaining what you would bring to the business as the Cafe Manager.